1st Place: Emma Hon
2nd Place: Jacob Kekauoha
3rd Place: Joshua Halemanu
The videos were scored 50% by the judges, three professional film makers, using the criteria listed below; and 50% by people’s choice voting.
You can still view the videos at www.YouTube/HAVOItsMyPark
Voting is now CLOSED. This year’s contest is PAU!
1) View all eight videos on YouTube: www.YouTube.com/HAVOItsMyPark.
2) Return to this page to vote. Click on Leave a Comment (below) and vote by typing the filmmaker’s name in the comment window. Click on the Submit Comment button.
3) You are on your honor to vote only once per day. Voting is from Sept. 13 – Sept. 24, 2010
4) You will get to vote for your favorite film again if you attend the Digital Mountain: It’s My Park Film Festival at the Kilauea Visitor Center on Saturday, September 25 at 6:00 p.m.
FYI: The people’s choice votes will count for 50% of the scoring. The other 50% of the scoring will come from the judges who are professionals in the film industry.
Questions: Call Laura Williams at 808.896.8222.
1. Film must be planned and edited by a 7 to 12th grader
2. Film theme must be “It’s My Park,” showing why Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
is important to the student.
3. Film must be three minutes or less in length
4. Film must be submitted by 12:00 midnight September 1, 2010.
5. All images and sound must be legal for use.
6. Films will be considered the property of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park; film makers will receive all credit for creation.
7. Format of film must be .mov, MP4 or other universal format.
8. Film may submitted on a DVD or downloaded to the DM∙X Hard Drive.
Call Laura Williams at 808-985-6304 with your questions.
Judges are from the Volcano Hawaii Film community and employees and volunteers at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
1. Story progression (a beginning, middle and end),
2. Smooth transitions.
3. Images that fit and support the story,
4. Music that fits the mood and tone of the story.
5. Editing and titles.
6. Fits the theme: It’s My Park.
Announcing the second annual Digital Mountain 2010: It’s My Park! Film Festival, a special event designed to actively engage, inspire, and help equip youth with digital media skills, while strengthening ties to one of Hawai‘i’s most cherished sites: Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park.
It couldn’t be easier to learn some exciting new movie-making skills, even if you’ve never touched a video camera before. We’re inviting youth, 7th-12th grades, to learn, build a video, submit it to our short film festival, and have the chance to WIN!
There is no charge to take workshops, shoot and edit using our equipment, or to enter the film festival.
A project of Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park.
Sponsored by the Friends of Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park,
Hawai‘i Natural History Association, Friends for the Future,
National Park Foundation with the generous support of Unilever,
KapohoKine Adventures, Hawaii Forest and Trail,
Hawaiian Walkways, and the Big Island Film Office.
1) Apply Online or contact Laura at 808-985-6304
2) Come to the Park
- with family and friends
- reserve a seat on a van
- ride the county Hele-On bus
3) Film Your Movie
- bring your own camera
- borrow a camera at the Kīlauea Visitor Center
4) Edit Your Movie
- edit with the experts at the park
5) Submit Your Movie and you could win a laptop and camera